CEO at BlackIoT Sagl
I'm an embedded systems designer
My strong passion for the subject pushed me, over the course of my ultra-decade career, to take care of the subject at 360 degrees:
- Schematic design
- PCB layout
- 3D modelling
- Firmware development
- Test equipment development
- Conduction of certification
In recent years I deal with IoT wireless applications, designing modules and devices based on the main wireless technologies: NB-IoT, Sigfox, LoRa / LoRaWAN, BLE, Thread, Zigbee, NFC, etc.
Some of my recent designs
- Telit Bravo evaluation kit
- Arduino MKR1000
- Arduino MKR FOX 1200
- Arrow SmartEverything Fox
- Arrow SmartEverything Dragonfly
- Schematic CAD: Autodesk Eagle, Orcad CIS, Altium
- PCB Layout: Autodesk Eagle
- 2D/3D: QCad, Autodesk Fusion 360
- Languages: C, C++, Java, Python
- OS: Linux, FreeRTOS, uCOS-II
- IDE: Eclipse and IDEs available from MCU manufacturers
As founder and manager of small start-ups I had the opportunity and the need to cover other roles besides engineering. I dealt with purchasing, sales, production supervision (third-part companies), testing and conduction of the certifications (third-part labs).
Over the years I have built a vast international network of relationships, collaborating with the most important hi-tech electronic companies, such as Arrow Electronics, STMicroelectronics, Analog Devices, Microchip, NXP, Telit, Bosch Sensortec, Sigfox, Cisco Systems, Arduino and others.
I had the opportunity to work in many different sectors: power systems for satellites, radars for fixed wing, medical (radiology), industrial weighing systems, zootechnics, touch screen terminals, DSLAM, routers, M2M and wireless IoT.